Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 21 2014 - Today we left Japan


Today we left Japan. It was an absolutely unforgettable trip. I loved every minute of it. The people there taught me so much. They taught me not take food for granted. Eat whatever you are given without complaining and eat all of it. Even within our group, some people complained about the food, but if all the kids ate the food without complaining I believe all the adults should be able to do the same.

I also had a very uplifting experience at the base. My grandparents have served in the army and air force, but nobody that is close to me has in recent years. It made me see all the true sacrifices these families give all for other people’s freedom. These soldiers aren’t afraid of anything. It was very humbling to see what they as well as their families go through.

Another thing I was so grateful I was able to learn was how to cook some different Japanese foods. I can look at so many different Japanese recipes and find some good ones but I would be making them with my own technique and not the Japanese techniques. I also wouldn’t know if they are real Japanese recipes or not. I will never forget how giving and respectful everyone is in Japan. It is very admirable. To be able to not worry about being pick-pocketed was such a relief. I was also so grateful our group got along so well because I truly believe that would have made or ruined the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment