Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 15 2014 - Kurashiki Gardens

Today was such an early morning. We woke up and went to Kurashiki Gardens. They were absolutely beautiful. Yes, it was raining which was not the best, but I was still able to take some amazing pictures. I loved how well kept the gardens were. They keep all the weeds away. Its cleanliness reminded me of Temple square. It was a really peaceful place to be. A nice place to just go and relax.

We then went to Fuji. Fuji is known for the huge volcanic mountain. When we got there that evening we all went to dinner at a very traditional restaurant. I feel like eating out is a lot more expensive here for small amounts of food compared to the states. This is a good example of why all the food is in small proportions, they really don’t eat very much. All the food is eaten very sparingly. I tried tempura here and it was very delicious. It is just a deep fried food with vegetables and meat. Usually I don’t like deep fried foods, but I didn't feel like this was to greasy and fatty like I usually do. After dinner we all went to the store and got Ice cream. I got a frozen ice cream in a waffle cone. It was so good, very different though.







No comments:

Post a Comment