Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 12, 2014 - Peace Museum in Hiroshima

The Peace Museum in Hiroshima is a very humbling experience. We walked over to the now called A-bomb site where the bomb dropped. The damage on this building and even the whole city is quite incredible. I’m not sure how I feel about Nuclear weapons. I can understand both sides of the story. I don’t think that dropping the Atomic bomb was necessary, but then again how unwilling to compromise were the Japanese? I think it is extremely sad how many innocent people were killed. Was it really a necessary step in order to end world war two? I think nuclear weapons should not be made, but since everyone is making them what else are we supposed to do? I think the world could use a better debate team. I learned a lot about what happen in Hiroshima that day. It was very sobering. I believe there are good people in the world and things were done back then, but I hope that things like the A-bomb won’t happen again. It has ruined so many lives even after the attacks. The radiation has given off to so many different cancers and birth defects to people. These life changing things shouldn't have to affect people their whole lives and they shouldn't have to deal with them.

After the peace museum we went to an island called Miyajima. It had been pouring rain all day. Everything was so wet and muddy. I ended up leaving the camera at home. This was actually a very good call. All of us were soaking wet. The island had some memorials around it and shrines. Many people were on the island even in the rain. They all stopped and paid respect at all the temples and shrines. The island was very pretty. There were deer everywhere. I loved that the deer would come down and just walk around like they owned the place. You could walk right up to the deer and they would not even run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment